My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Me and Leo are tight

I may or may not be one of the coolest people I know. Let's just preface with that.

As I get on with my years of life, I'm realizing more and more how much I am like my mother. I've caught myself standing like her in the kitchen. I've been told that I make the same "sounds" as her when conversing with others (although I think it's just a Japanese thing). I don't like being bare foot outside and getting my feet dirty. I love cooking things in bulk so I can eat it throughout the week.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of the things my mother ABSOLUTELY loves are puzzles. Growing up I remember her taking on several big puzzles and sometimes framing them. Puzzles were her thing.

I too have found myself thoroughly enjoying the process of putting a puzzle together. It's a time where my mind can wander and process life as I do such a menial task of finding pieces of cardboard that fit with other pieces of cardboard. I love it.

I haven't done a puzzle probably since I lived with my parents because of the chaos of life, moving, and working. I would randomly check the puzzle aisles at times when I would be at Target or Hobby Lobby, but didn't really find any that I thought would be worth putting a significant amount of my time into.

Over Labor Day weekend, Jamie and I went to Fort Worth to explore what the town had to offer. We visited the Kimball Museum of Art, which, my friends, was pretty stinkin' cool for being a free museum...highly recommend. We got to experience some awesome art, almost get kicked out (ahem, Jamie....), and roam the gift shop where, whatta ya know...they had puzzles.

There were ones of all shapes and sizes of different art pieces. I found this particular one and thought it would not only be a good de-stresser in my life to assemble, but also make me seem really cultured...because, ya know, that's really what's going to get me far in life.  ;)

I would be embarrassed to admit that, A. I spent most of my evenings the past month in front of the TV putting a puzzle together, B. I documented the entire process, and C. I put together a slideshow of my documentation. But lucky for me I have no shame.

Remember, I'm probably one of the coolest people I know.

So, folks, I give you Leonardo's Vitruvian Man, by your's truly.

**To save the man's dignity, I neglected to display his "particulars" until the very end...I felt like that was the least I could do for him. Although, Jamie gave me H, E, double-hockey-sticks for this. Apparently Jamie's more scandalous then I thought. Something to take note of, internet.

1 comment:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

You are the biggest NERD ever. Times 52.