My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Friday, July 17, 2009

Lovin the Lobby

One thing that Cali is missing out on that could re-define the entire state as a whole is Hobby Lobby. This store is one of the greatest stores of all time. No joke. And what makes it uber rad is that everything is always on SALE. When have you walked into a Hobby Lobby and not seen those beautiful such-and-such percentage off papers everywhere??? ...Never, exactly.

I made the bad mistake the other day of venturing into the Lobby while they had the mother of all sales. 50% off of EVERYTHING. That's pretty darn close to free in my book. So, I give props to myself for only walking out with just 2 super awesome relics instead of 23,893 super awesome relics.

Cost: $1.99

Story behind this: I am absolutely in love/obsessed with skeleton keys. My eyes have radar for these puppies. I have a small collection of keys that were gifts or I've purchased. I love venturing into antique stores to go on my own search and rescue for these awesome pieces of history. 2 main reasons for this love: first, they just look really cool, and second, it's like holding a piece of someone else's history from generations ago. Where did this key lead to? What did it unlock? Who owned it? And for that, I treasure these little pieces of radness.

Cost: $2.60

And this was just an awesome frame and with that price, you just can't go wrong.

No comments: