My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sha-mon!

It's 7:45 pm on Saturday evening and I am fighting the eye-lid gods in keeping them open. Exhaustion has hit...HARD. Why, you may ask. Well, last night, or I should say way, way, way early this morning, my friends and I partook in one of the greatest tributes to the Legend we lost last week. The Alamo Drafthouse had put on a Michael Jackson Tribute Sing-A-Long last weekend and this weekend. Needless to say it was the best way we could've celebrated the life of one of the most talented people to walk this earth.

The festivities began at 12:30 AM (yes, folks, AM as in "Mariko is usually in REM at this time" AM). We sang hard. We danced hard. We dressed hard...core (fedora hats and all). We did it all for MJ.

The signature Michael pose:

2 comments:

Erin Mills said...

Mariko - Michael and the entire Jackson family would like to thank you for coming out to his sing-a-long.

You guys look like you had so much fun!!!!!!!

lenamarie said...

Did they post the lyrics to all his songs ont he screen? 'Cause as much as I love MJ, I don't know all the lyrics to his songs...I don't always know what he's singing period. But the beat is always RAD. =)