My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Allens!

I can't say enough of how blessed we are to have so many of our Cali friends have come out to visit us in Austin.  It's not even just Cali friends, but friends all around too.

Lisa and I met in youth group at church when I was in junior high.  We didn't really hang out much until after high school in college group.  During college we just realized we had tons in common.  I have memories of late night talks till 2am while getting up at 5am for my 7am class the next day.  We shared adventures ranging from using fake ID's while I was consumed with paranoia and was convinced that the FBI would come in and bust us to watching the ball drop in Times Square for New Years.  No matter what there was always laughter.

In 2005, I had the blessing of being apart of her wedding as she married Mr. Nate Allen: hilarious, talkative, outgoing, adventurous...PERFECT for Lisa.  And a few years later she gave birth to an adorable boy, Blake.  It's so weird when you think of how you were in junior high and never thought that you would reach the age when your friends would be moms!!!  Crazy, but awesome.

This last weekend Lisa, Hubby, and Baby came out to hang with the coolest gals in Austin.  We had a great time with the Allens and loved touring Austin with them.  They really enjoyed Austin and we're praying they decide to live here and not Dallas.  No offense, Dallas, but you just got nothin' on Austin.

Thanks for hanging, Allens, and hope to see you guys soon!!!....with your U-haul right behind ya!!

My attempt to get all of us in the picture but instead got just our food...let's be honest, that's the best part of Rudy's anyways.
There we are!
Blake loved Rudy's....I promise.
Me with the little lady stumbler!!

1 comment:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

I freaking love that picture of Blake. I might need to steal these to put on facebook. Unless you already did. I'm going to check.