My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Li'l Bro!!!

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 5 (one month away from turning 6) when I woke up one morning at my babysitter/nanny/neighbors house. She took me to the kitchen and asked which did I want, a brother or a sister. I had never really thought about it. "Mmm...a brother?" To which she replied, "Well, you got your wish then!" That was 21 years ago today.

Being an only child for 6 years of my life got kind of lonely after awhile so when I was getting a sibling I just remember being beyond elated! I had someone to do whatever I wanted all the time! I remember loving that baby brother of mine so much. I thought he was the cutest baby ever (I mean look at the above picture!). I couldn't wait till he grew up and could actually play with me.

Through the years, I did the typical older sister stuff: dressed him up in my dress-up clothes (all girl clothes), always telling him he was too young to put together his Lego sets because I really wanted to do it, tried to convince him that he was found in a cow pasture, embarrassed him in front of his friends. It was great.

I loved watching him grow: taking his first steps, teaching him to swim, going to all his little league games, going to all his high school football games, and then watching him go off to boot camp and join the coast guard. He went from annoying little brother to someone I can laugh the hardest with.

I love you much, Andrew! Happy 21st Birthday!!! (be good!!!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andrew's all grown up!!!