My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

300

If I were Gideon, I'd pee my pants.

He had 32,000 peeps ready to go in and conquer the Midianites. God tells Gideon that he has too many people to go into battle with. Who says that in regards to conquering an enemy?! You have too many people??? After God "sifts" through Gideons crew, He narrows it down from 32,000 people to 300…300!!!

This is what my response would be if I were Gideon: God, that’s not cool. Really, …. that’s not funny. I mean, I know You’re God and all, but like cutting down my assets by that much…that’s a smidge ridiculous. Put ‘em back now, please.

Have you seen a pattern in your own life or others of how God does things that doesn’t make sense? That is outlandish? Crazy? Impossible?

I’ve come to realize that that is exactly how He works. He cut down Gideons army because He knew that with that many people they would have wiped out the Midianites with no problem and any outsider would look at that and be like, "Of course they won; they had 32,000 stinkin people." God was going to make His power and might known in this situation. He did what He had to do to make that happen…and ALL glory to Him.

This story just stuck out to me as I’ve started to commit to praying about going to teach in Sudan for a year in 2010. When I look at the details of what would have to happen, specifically in the financial area, it comes down to that it would be impossible for me to go. If it’s God’s will for me to go, He will definitely show Himself almighty to make it happen. It would be nothing of my own doing. I truly feel that at times, He puts us in situations like this where it seems impossible, so that when it does happen, there is just no other explanation than GOD. I love how He shows us how much we are reliant on physical/tangible/financial things when we think we aren’t.

I feel like if we truly believe in the power of God and His promise to take care of us, then maybe we should pray about having the strength to allow Him to really test that in our lives. Let Him be glorified through your life by cutting down your 32,000 whatevers to 300 and completely rocking your world!

2 comments:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

Holler to that. I'm emailing this to my fam :)

Lisa Brimhall said...

Well said Mariko! That's a huge step but God is faithful to make it happen! Awesomeness!