My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Glad it's over

I promised I wouldn't write anything about this election. I didn't want to vote at all. I had hardly any faith in either candidates to do what they promised. I was so tired of all the email forwards spewing smack on each candidate. I knew I had to vote. This was the first time I really sought God for guidance in political matters. I did some research and for me, it came down to what does the Bible say about some of these matters that each Presidential candidate stands for. I voted based on that and not the person.

I came across this post from the Between Two Worlds blog. The author's words seem to come straight from my heart and mind in regards to the dilemma of this election. Of course, I'm not black and he is, but it was a dilemma for me anyways. But he goes even beyond that and I just love how he ends the article.

Please read this post by Eric Redmond titled "Living Soli Deo Gloria Under Obama."

My hope and prayer for us as Christians is that we don't put all our faith and hope in one man to change our nation but that we stand up and BE the change in this world. All glory to HIM!