My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

little brother

I love my "little" brother! Growing up 6 years apart Andrew and I had our fights just like normal siblings; I was put in charge of babysitting him and he thought he didn't have to listen to me. He aggravated me!

After I graduated high school and came back from living in Japan, our relationship grew to be a lot closer. He wasn't the annoying younger brother and I wasn't the nagging older sister anymore. We have the same exact humor, we love to collaborate on the best ways to embarrass our mother, and we have the ability to make each other laugh the hardest.

Andrew is in the Coast Guard and is serving in Iraq right now. I know, what is the coast guard doing over seas? They're supposed to be guarding our coast; not other coasts. When I first heard that he would for sure be going over, of course I was filled with anxiety and worry. Not my little brother. Sidenote: If you're the oldest child, you may understand this feeling of having to protect and worry for the safety of your younger sibling(s). You feel like they are your responsibility ... and apparently you feel that your parents are your responsibility also. He has been able to call a few times since he's been over there so it's been awesome to know that he is okay and doing well. He will be back in the States in December and I'm so excited that we'll all be together as a family for Christmas!

If you guys think about it, I would love it if you could keep my brother in your prayers as he's serving!
-Pray that solid Jesus loving people will come into his life
-Pray for safety and protection over him
-Pray that he holds strong to God's love for him during the hard times

Love you, Andrew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! Andrew is out saving the world. :) Definitely praying for him. Tell Gizmo to be extra nice at Christmas. Doubtful, but one can always hope.

Who is that awesome family in the background of your photo???

Jaci Bounds said...

oh andrew wandrew boo boo! i will be praying for your brother as God brings you and him to mind!

lenamarie said...

Aw Andy-Pants! I'm so glad he'll get to be with the fam for Christmas.