My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Friday, April 10, 2009

A Great Friday

Well, yesterday was the official ending to 40 days of Water which means that I had a very special breakfast date today with a Mr. Joe...Cup O' Joe, that is:

This morning has been perfect so far: woke up late (well, later than normal), brewed some Foldgers sweetness, ate breakfast while reading Miller's Searching For God Knows What, the sun is shining and birds are singing praises, had some one-on-one time with Jesus, and it's 9:45, I'm still in my PJ's and I haven't even made my bed yet!! I'm living on the wild side, I know, I know...

What I am attempting to accomplish the rest of today: clean apartment, lay out (only if the chill goes away), watch last night's episodes of The Office, and go to the Round Rock Express game later tonight with some community group comrades.

Whether you have today off or not, I hope you spend time reflecting on the significance of today and what it means to you. We were bought with holy blood. We were rescued. What was done a couple thousand years ago today was done for you and me. You are loved!

Have a Great Friday!

2 comments:

Krista said...

what a great post! and what a great day to be able to enjoy! I love today - although it is bittersweet for several reasons - but since 2001, it is more sweet than anything! I hope you have an amazing day! Thanks for the reminder on reflecting! We do serve an Awesome, amazing God, don't we?
Love ya lots & miss you! Can't wait to see you in June!
~Krista
p.s. - i wish we could be in Zambia again!

lenamarie said...

Is Lent only supposed to be 40 days? I just remember when I gave stuff up for Lent, it would start the first day of March & go until Easter Sunday. We're going 43 days this year. Wow.
I'm glad you 'n Joe can hang out together again.