My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Monday, September 22, 2008

Not Those!!!!


Last week, I thought I lost some taste buds. I came into a near panic. To the left you see a diagram of the human tongue. Now, the section of my tongue that I could sense some abnormalties was right in the area between both "salts" and "sweet." When I saw this, my heart started beating little faster because I was thinking of what I had eaten that day and realized that what I was eating wasn't as salty as it should have been. Same thing with something I had eaten that should have been a little sweeter. I LOVE all things salty and sweet. Of all the places on my tongue to lose taste, this would be the only section that would lunge me into misery! What have I done?!
I then tried to figure out what I did I do to send myself into my own personal hell with the loss of my salt/sweet taste buds. First, I thought it was because I was brushing my tongue too hard. But then I realized I don't just brush the tip of my tongue...can't be it. I came upon the only explanation it could be: I bought these really minty and strong Japanese cough drops because my throat was kind of sore and I may have abused them to the extent of ruining my joy in taste. Well, after a couple days of worry and stress, I realized I was getting taste back to that part of my tongue. Whew! Relief overwhelmed me.
You'll be happy to know that now I am only using mild, cherry flavored throat lozenges to subdue my scratchy throat and no longer bring torture to my tongue. Be kind to your taste feelers, friends!!!

3 comments:

lenamarie said...

Glad that worked out for ya. I can't imagine not being able to enjoy chocolate covered pretzels ever again. That would be a travesty indeed.

Jaci Bounds said...

I burned my tongue on hot chocolate in high school and sometimes my tongue does the dissolving thing. It's strange, I'll have to show you sometime.

Unknown said...

Watashi wa gohan o tabemasu!!