My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Saturday, February 14, 2009

An Apology

Dear J-1 and J-2,

I would like to use this forum to state my utmost apologies for nearly taking your lives tonight.  I want you both to know that I would never willingly or purposely put your precious lives in danger, let alone attempt to commit a double manslaughter.  There were no doubt loss of years off your lifetime and some piddle in the panties due to the fear that resonated during the 27 seconds we were driving on the opposite side of the road with a center divider with no chance of moving to the right side of the road, but I would really appreciate it if you guys would accept my apology.

But if I may say so myself, I partly, no SOLELY, blame the Dallas road system for our near death experience.  I'm contemplating writing our Dallas congressmen and explaining the situation.  I plan on suing as well and walking away from this case with at least $20 million for our strife and a new set of panties.  It's really the least I can do to help in the consolation.  I just pray that our friendship is on the path of healing and we'll be back to frolicking in the midst of daisies to the tune of "That's what friends are for" in no time.

With Deepest, Most Sincere apologies,

M

2 comments:

Jaci Bounds said...

Friends are friends forever if the Dallas roadways don't kill us first.

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

It was a great laugh though, so apology totally accepted. Oh Dallas!