My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pho-Dawgs Rock

Confession: I stalk blogs. I stalk mainly photographer blogs. I think I started appreciating the art of photography probably several years ago. 2 of my close friends (one a roomie and one expecting a baby in May!!!) are photographers so I guess having it around a lot helped me develop the appreciation. So now, I stalk photographer blogs. I have a few faves for different categories of life.

Jasmine Star - Jasmine is going to be my wedding photographer...if/when that joyous, momentous day ever comes for me. I don't even have the male part of the wedding, but your darn tootin I have the photographer. She's rad, real, Californian, and loves Jesus too...can't beat that!

Amy Wenzel - Amy mainly photographs kids. Granted, I won't need her till even awhile after I've hired Jasmine for my wedding, but I LOVE looking at her pictures. She's got this vintage style splashed with bright, vibrant colors. Love it!

Jeremy Cowart - Cowart has a unique way of capturing pictures. He has shot a lot of celebrities and media pictures, but he's also shot all over the world capturing faces and scenes of people just like us, but in completely different situations. Not only is he an incredibly unique photographer, he has a passion for justice and helping those in need, and uses his gift of photography to bring awareness to that.

Jamie Lynne - How can I list great photographers and leave out Jamie Lynne Lapeyrolerie. =) Jamie's one of those close friends I mentioned who is a photographer. It's been fun to see this side of photography and all that goes into a career like this. She's passionate about what she does and you can tell that in her photos. SO, if you or anyone you know is planning on getting hitched, you need to contact her. She does an awesome job and I promise you won't regret it!

Jessica Lynn - Jess is a newfound Texan friend and coworker. We are in the same community group and she helped me get the job I have now. She's super awesome, artsy, and fun! She insists that she's just starting out, but I personally think her work is incredible and just exudes her personality!

3 comments:

lenamarie said...

Holler.
I still have to buy a copy of A Hope in the Dark. Love Jeremy Cowart.
And Bella--for some reason I keep forgetting if Jamie's going to fix the cover or not.
I can't wait for you to get married so I can see Jasmine in action & see if I'd want to use her myself someday. =) ha!

Unknown said...

I know I've made it when I get listed on THE Mariko Marie's blog. :)

Thanks - I'm really glad you don't think I suck. That would be awkward.

Teri Mason Photography said...

All great photogs! Jasmine is such an inspiration to all of the photography community! You won't be disappointed with her, when that joyous day comes around!!