My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems

I hate money. I really do. I hate the burden that it is to me. I hate how it makes me feel like I need it to survive in this world. I hate that I find it so easy to see it as my sense of security. I hate how it effects my moods at times.

Money is one of my main enemies right now and I feel like I'm trying to win this battle over it on my own.

All the while, God is trying to get a few things across to me:
-Do not let the burden of money control you
-I alone am your security and survival in this world
-I am bigger than your worries and closer to you than your problems
-Unload on Me your burden and have faith that I will take care of you

I type those out, but that definitely doesn't mean I'm fully living it out. My brain knows this, but my heart needs to truly believe it through obedience.

Argh, how I hate money.

1 comment:

Jaci Bounds said...

Thanks for sharing what God is trying to teach you. It's a good reminder for me as well.

P.S. the security word it's making me type in to post this is...retard.