My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I love Austin, but...

...I have moments of missing California like no other.

Since living out here in Austin, the one thing I realized I took for granted was the close proximity of everyone and everything I loved back in Cali. Growing up you never think that life will separate you from all that you love. I never imagined my family would be living in different states. I never thought I would be living out of California. I never thought my closest friends would be too far to hang out with on the weekends.

I miss my mom's amazing cooking. I miss my Friday nights and often weekend times with The Peeps. I miss my Japanese markets. I miss the beaches. I miss the mountains. I miss Angel games. I miss Disneyland. I miss Pacific Standard Time.

I truly, madly, deeply (a little Savage Garden for you guys) miss not having my tight peeps and family close by. I pray on a consistent basis that God will bring my BFF's and family all around me again...preferably in Austin, TX or some other cute, quaint, small town in any of the other places I could live in (Nashville, Alpharetta, or the-non-snow-towns of Colorado). I want to have Sunday dinners at my parents home. I want to be able to walk over to my friends house and have "tea time" with them. When we get married and start having children, I want our families to be in each others' lives. I want our hubbies to be BFF's. =)

I know now more then ever that God wants me in Austin, TX at this time of my life. The people He's brought into my life are some of the most incredible people I've ever met who have encouraged me immensely. I am a part of a church that has challenged me beyond measure and has showed me what it looks like to put your love into action. I have learned so much more about myself and who I am during the 9 1/2 months that I've lived here through the crazy times I've come across. I love this town and everything it has brought me! I wouldn't trade living here for anything else right now.

Austin, I love ya and I'll be here for awhile! Cali, you will always be my first love! =)

3 comments:

CASEY said...

I understand your heart, but I must say that I'm glad you're here! Let's hang out soon!

lenamarie said...

Miss you too! We get to hang in a month though. 34 days!!

Max said...

Maybe one day you will return to Calli for good. We miss you!!!
xoxo