My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Phobia

I have a handful of fears in my life. I am afraid of heights. I am afraid of the dark. I am afraid of all my eye lashes falling off. And as I went through the Phobia List I realized I had more fears and there are actually scientific names for each one. Awesome. Now I have a fear of phobia lists. I also noticed that many of my friends have fears that are listed and I'll probably end up emailing them each what kind of phobics they are. Ya know, just to brighten their day up.

Here are some of my faves:

Fear of...
-Air swallowing- Aerophobia
-Bathing- Ablutophobia (let's just say I wouldn't want to be around this person)
-Pope- Papaphobia
-Names- Nomatophobia
-France or French culture- Francophobia, Gallophobia or Galiphobia
-Eating or food- Sitophobia (I wish I had this fear...)
-Heredity- Patroiophobia (Not quite sure how this fear could develop)
-Memories- Mnemophobia
-Knees- Genuphobia (that's the closest to large calves that I could find)
-School, going to school- Didaskaleinophobia (let's be honest...who didn't suffer from this)

Check out the list and see all the phobias you have!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Seriously? I just wanna know who sat down and made all those phobia titles.

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

"France or French culture- Francophobia, Gallophobia or Galiphobia"

What are you trying to say Mariko?