My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I just can't handle it

I sat in the chair as the tears streamed down my cheeks, down my neck and soaked the collar of my shirt. I gripped 4 tissues in my right hand while using my left hand to dry my neck with my jacket. My body is heaving from repetitive mini convulsions of sobs. What caused all this??

...and this is what I looked like this morning: (and, no, my eyes are NOT normally that puffy)


I've come to the conclusion that I handle human deaths way better than I handle pet deaths.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

But the puppy was so cute!!! :)

Jaci Bounds said...

oh i'm so sad...i haven't seen it yet but the other night jimmy and i went the movies and everyone came out of the theather crying. i want to see it but i don't want to see it at the same time!

lenamarie said...

Oh Marley--he really was a crazy beast.
Mariko, I can't believe you sobbed so much. I mean, I got teary eyed, but dang girl.

Wolfie said...

My Dear Sweet Miko,
I told Malcolm to tell you girls to be prepared. Reading the book versus seeing it are two different things. I was ready to run out of the theater. I had to breathe like I was in labor. Just praying I would get through it. Many people in the theater were crying. Those scenes were just to hard for me. I loved the movie except for the end.

Erin Mills said...

YOu cry. you let it out - it is unhealthy to keep all those tears inside.

p.s. - I looked the same way after the movie.