My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Friday, January 9, 2009

Wife Making












During her visit with us, Lisa wanted to make us a home cooked meal as practice for her new role as wife come May. Heck yes! I'm always down for people wanting to cook for me!

The menu:
Mal's special chicken
corn on the cob
mashed potatoes

And what better to top of a yummy meal than a yummy dessert.And, yes, this is a delicious confetti cake in the shape of Texas. Now, I know what you may be thinking, and the question shouldn't be why do we have a cake pan in the shape of Texas, but the more important question is, why does a cake pan in the shape of Texas exist?? (Oh, and if any of you have seen one of these puppies in the shape of the great state California, please let me know. I'm all over that!!)

Great meal, Chones! And let this also be an opportunity for me to volunteer myself for any of you who are to be future wives and would like to practice your cooking skills...I would love to help with that. =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want mashed potatoes.

Robin Krill said...

Sad to say I have been married 4 years and still need lots of practice in the meal making category. Maybe once I stop throwing up at the sight of food I'll try again (gotta love morning sickness - I guess another benefit of being a wife).

lenamarie said...

I'm so glad Jamie has this time to live with you, who are so obviously willing to let her stretch her wings & practice becoming that wonderful wife hidden inside her hot bod, by cooking spaghetti, sugar cookies, etc. Way to be a giver Mariko.