My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

S.e.v.e.n. Dollars

If you are followers of this blog, you will know that I have a huge passion for the nations and specifically Africa. I don't know when the love brewed in me for this continent, but I believe God put it there for a purpose and I want to live my life sharing this love with others.

You don't need to go there to know that Africa has poverty and disease taking the lives of their people at a rapid rate. There are some who choose not to recognize what's going on so that they don't have to feel bad or guilted into giving money. But I truly believe there are a good handful of you who are aware of what goes on, see the injustice being done, and are broken by it. You may want to even help in some little way, but not sure how. The number of organizations out there who are dedicated to helping out Africa can be overwhelming.

There are a few that I support on a consistent basis and Mocha Club is one of my faves. Why? Because they make it so simple. $7 a month from you can...feed, educate, save, and provide. $7 a month. Is that too much to ask for to help Africa??

So I just wanted to provide an opportunity for anyone who has been looking for a way to send a little bit of money to make a HUGE difference. My friends and I have a team called Love Connects Us and if you would like to be a part of Mocha Club and join our team, you can click HERE! Teams can be made so that the money from that team goes directly to a specific cause, so our team's money goes to supporting orphans in Africa.

I want to encourage you guys with the thought that your $7 a month can do something so powerful in a nation and ultimately show love to others across the globe.

1 comment:

lenamarie said...

Holler! It's amazing how far $7 goes. We spend more than $7 on ONE freakin' meal here in America.