My photo
grateful daughter/protective sister/committed friend/surrendered believer/adventure finder/hope seeker/servant-of-love

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

i'm pissed

first off, because i'm at work and it is BEYOND freezing. my car door was frozen shut this morning. had to pull really hard to open it. ice was stuck to my windshield. had to sit in my car for 7 minutes with the defroster on so it would melt. as i got on the freeway the gas light goes on and it is now bumper to bumper. my panic increases to a psychotic mess as i'm begging Jesus that i don't run out of gas on the freeway in this freeze from hell. not sure why in texas some exits or 1/4 of a mile apart and others are 5 miles apart. oh texas, the little things you need to work on. i finally see an exit after 15 minutes in normal time of traffic, but 5 hours in "i'm freaking running on empty" time. get off...no gas stations on my side of the freeway...of course not, why would there be? ah, I see one on the other side. i flip a u-ie to get on the otherside and pull up to the shell. pull lever to open my gas door thing. rad...frozen shut. go inside to find help and finally a sweet old country gentleman helped me. fill up and get back on the freeway. completely miss my exit. awesome. and now i'm finally at work exactly where i did NOT want to be in this weather.

this weather was cold enough to cause all the calamity of my morning YET not cold enough for work to close down. i'm not a happy camper. i'm a pissy camper.

1 comment:

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

Yeah, having a frozen door threw me in for a loop this morning. I was afraid that I was going to break the handle. I did take pictures of the icicles hanging from my car though. :)